REDWOOD SHORES, CA — (Marketwire) — 04/05/12 — Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL)
- To help businesses improve their cross-channel customer experience and maintain optimal performance during peak shopping periods, Oracle’s ATG Web Commerce has been certified and optimized to run on Oracle Exalogic Elastic Cloud and Oracle Exadata Database Machine.
- In multiple benchmarking tests completed during the certification process, ATG Web Commerce delivered a 3x performance improvement on Oracle Exalogic when compared to traditional commodity blades in a configuration that is comparable in size and configuration to Oracle Exalogic.
- The certification and optimization of ATG Web Commerce for Oracle Exalogic provides retailers, telcos and other consumer-centric businesses with an ideal eCommerce platform to enable the extreme scalability and performance required to support multiple channels, such as web sites, mobile applications, social commerce and in-store transactions.
- «Our customers understand that improved performance leads to an improved customer experience, which can help drive top-line revenue,» said Ken Volpe, senior vice president, Product Development, Oracle. «The optimization of Oracle’s ATG Web Commerce for Oracle Exalogic and Oracle Exadata enables the extreme performance and scalability needed by today’s leading cross-channel businesses.»
- Whitepaper: Exalogic: The Optimal Platform for ATG
- Register for April 17 Webcast: Optimize Your Retail Operations with Oracle Engineered Systems
- About Oracle Exadata
- About Oracle Exalogic
- About Oracle’s ATG Web Commerce
- Oracle Retail Asset and Centralized Knowledge Portal
- Join the Oracle Retail community on Facebook
- Insight-Driven Retailing Blog
- Oracle Retail YouTube Channel
- Follow Oracle Retail on Twitter
- Oracle Retail in the News
- Oracle in Retail
About Oracle Retail
Oracle provides retailers with a complete, open and integrated suite of business applications, server and storage solutions that are engineered to work together to optimize every aspect of their business. 20 of the top 20 retailers worldwide — including fashion, hardlines, grocery and specialty retailers — use Oracle solutions to drive performance, deliver critical insights and fuel growth across traditional, mobile and commerce channels. For more information, visit our Web site at http://www.oracle.com/goto/retail
About Oracle in Industries
Oracle industry solutions leverage the company’s best-in-class portfolio of products to address complex business processes relevant to retail, helping speed time to market, reduce costs, and gain a competitive edge.
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL), visit www.oracle.com.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
+1.650.506.6523 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting +1.650.506.6523 end_of_the_skype_highlighting
Mary Ellen Amodeo
+1.612.963.5797 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting +1.612.963.5797 end_of_the_skype_highlighting