TOKYO and REDWOOD SHORES, CA — (Marketwire) — 04/04/12 — Oracle OpenWorld — Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL)
- Continuing to deliver new innovations to its Business Analytics portfolio, Oracle today announced two new Oracle Business Intelligence Applications, Oracle Manufacturing Analytics and Oracle Enterprise Asset Management (EAM) Analytics.
- The industry’s first and only in-memory analytic applications for Manufacturing and Asset Management analysis, the new offerings enable customers and partners serving manufacturing, energy production, utilities and other asset-intensive industries to gain better insights and make decisions at the speed of business.
- Both solutions provide support for large numbers of concurrent users and are certified to run on Oracle Exalytics In-Memory Machine. Native support for tablet and mobile devices, such as the Apple iPad and iPhone is provided.
- Oracle Manufacturing Analytics helps operations managers, manufacturing analysts, manufacturing and supply chain executives and production cost accountants gain insights into manufacturing processes, inventory and product quality.
- Oracle Enterprise Asset Management Analytics helps plant and facilities maintenance managers, maintenance engineers, department managers and supply chain executives manage assets (e.g., plant, machinery, equipment, etc.) more effectively and align operational and financial efficiencies.
- Built on Oracle Business Intelligence Foundation Suite, Oracle’s pre-built, pre-integrated Business Intelligence Applications help accelerate time to value and reduce IT costs.
- The new offerings complement other Oracle Business Intelligence Applications, including Oracle Financial Analytics, Oracle Human Resources Analytics, Oracle Supply Chain and Order Management Analytics and Oracle Procurement and Spend Analytics.
- In addition, the new applications conform to Oracle’s BI Applications enterprise data model, enabling cross-functional analysis across back-office and front-office business functions, providing better cross enterprise intelligence. BI Applications can work with a variety of ERP and CRM data sources, among them the Oracle E-Business Suite, Oracle’s PeopleSoft, Oracle’s Siebel CRM, Oracle’s JD Edwards EnterpriseOne, Oracle’s JD Edwards World, SAP and other third party sources.
Oracle Manufacturing Analytics
- Oracle Manufacturing Analytics provides end-to-end visibility into manufacturing operations by integrating data from across the enterprise value chain.
- The offering enables users to reduce production costs, improve product quality, minimize inventory levels and respond faster to customer demands.
- With Oracle Manufacturing Analytics, customers can gain visibility into manufacturing schedules, cost, quality and service levels; correlate work order information with production plans; reduce work order cycle time and aging of open work orders; perform non-conformance and disposition analysis; and improve insight into raw materials and finished goods.
- The offering is pre-integrated with Oracle E-Business Suite Manufacturing Applications, including Oracle Discrete Manufacturing, Oracle Process Manufacturing, Flow Manufacturing, Hi-Tech Manufacturing Quality and Inventory modules.
Oracle Enterprise Asset Management Analytics
- Oracle Enterprise Asset Management Analytics helps organizations understand the true cost of maintaining and operating assets.
- End users can project expected asset life and develop strategies to reduce maintenance costs and increase uptime of critical assets, such as plants, machinery and equipment.
- With Enterprise Asset Management Analytics, customers can track asset genealogy and run maintenance, work order and inventory cost analysis, as well as quality and resource analysis.
- Oracle Enterprise Asset Management Analytics is pre-integrated with Oracle E-Business Suite Enterprise Asset Management (EAM) module, as well as IBM Maximo.
- «For manufacturing and asset-intensive industries, maintaining the health of critical assets and optimizing production and inventory is the difference between bottom line business growth and failure,» said Gaurav Rewari, vice president of EPM and BI product development, Oracle. «By extending Oracle BI Applications with Oracle Manufacturing Analytics and Oracle Enterprise Asset Management Analytics, we are enabling customers to get intelligence into the hands of key-decision makers at the speed of business, wherever the job may take them.»
- Oracle News Release: Oracle Business Analytics Strategy
- Oracle News Release: Oracle Hyperion Enterprise Performance Management (22.214.171.124)
- Oracle News Release: New analytic applications for SAP
- Oracle News Release: General availability of Oracle Endeca Information Discovery
- About Oracle Enterprise Performance Management and Business Intelligence
- Oracle Business Intelligence Applications
- Oracle Business Intelligence Foundation
- Connect with Oracle Business Intelligence via Blog, Facebook and Twitter
- Link to Oracle Business Analytics Launch webcast
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL), visit www.oracle.com.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.